In 2020 we are very excited to be running our 6th training camp for Dulwich Paragon CC. We will be heading to Spain once again but for variety will be staying in a different area to previous years providing some fantastic cycling on the Costa Brava near Girona including 2 nights in the city for the 2020 Girona Gala. A trip not to be missed.
- 4* hotel accommodation (twin share, half board,5 nights Lloret de Mar, 2 nights Girona)
- Airport Transfers (If flying on recommended flights)
- Different speed groups and routes to suit all riding abilities
- Full support crew include qualified mechanic(s), ride leaders and support vehicle(s)
- Ride Leaders include road racers, former pro riders & coaches
- Detailed route info, gps data, & route profiles
- Timed Hill Climb Challenge
- Ticket to the 2020 Girona Gala and Gala Pro Ride
Transfers are included for those flying on the recommended flights only. If you choose to arrive on a different day or at a different time transfers are your own responsibility. The 90 minute transfer costs approximately 200 Euro’s for 1-4 people (less for larger groups).
- Flights for arrival / departure
- Bike & luggage transfer from London (£125 return)
- Bike & helmet hire (£55 per day or £195 for 7 days. 2018 Ridley Fenix with Shimano Ultegra)
- Single Supplement (£75 per night)
- 1-1 Coaching Sessions (Price TBC)
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Insurance (Proof of travel insurance is required at time of booking)
- Drinks & Bar Bills
Our 4* Hotel in Lloret de Mar is located a stone’s throw from the beach and in the heart of this famous Costa Brava resort. There is an indoor and outdoor pool plus gym and wellness centre including a sauna.
For the last two nights we move into Girona City centre. Our 4* hotel is located a 5-10 minute walk from the heart of the old town and has spectacular views of the city from the large outdoor terrace. A view not to be missed.
Food & Nutrition
We know that nutrition is a key part of any cycling trip and of the up-most importance to all cyclists. We have worked closely with the hotel to produce a menu that suits all dietary requirements and provides plenty of options for hungry cyclists at breakfast and dinner time.
On the ride we will supply snacks and water. You will need to bring your own energy products. We will also have some for sale on the trip.
October 11th – October 18th 2020
You are able to arrive or depart at any time between these dates.
• 4*hotel accommodation (twin-share; half-board)
• 7 nights: £695
• 3 nights: £375
• Additional Nights (£95pp)
• Single Supplement (£70 per night)
• Bike & luggage transfer from London (£125 return)
• Bike & helmet hire (£55 per day or £195 for 7 days. Full carbon rod bike with 105 or Ultegra)
• Flights are approximately £65 at the moment (destination to be Barcelona)
|DATE||ROUTE||FLIGHT NUMBER||DEPARTURE TIME||ARRIVAL TIME|
|Sun 11/10/20||LGW -> BCN||EZY8569||09:10||12:15|
We tend to be pretty flexible on itinerary and try to offer multiple routes each day for all abilities. Below is a sample of what to expect from the trip.
Day 1 – Arrive in Lloret de Mar. Potential shake-down ride depending on arrival time
Day 2 – Check bikes, Warm up ride to Girona where we stop for coffee in the famous La Fabrica or Federal Cafe’s. Both owned by pro riders.
Day 3 – Today we ride further inland where take on the famous El Angels climb and stop for coffee in Girona. Nicknamed ‘pro town’ due to the number of pro riders living there. Potential pre-dinner QA session
Day 4 – The DPCC Epic. Today we ride some classic roads from the Vuelta and take-on some of the large local climbs. Potential pre-dinner QA session
Day 5 – A recovery ride for those wanting one or more climbs for those wanting to push on! Potential pre-dinner QA session.
Day 6 – After the day 5 recovery ride we mix things up to accommodate different training needs. Some will want to go flatter others hit the hills for another epic. We’ll present the routes and it up to you to decide. The ride will finish in the city of Girona where we will spend the first of two nights.
Day 7 – Today we join up with our friends in Girona for the Girona Gala pro ride. 3 different distances to suit all abilities with famous faces from the UCI world tour in attendance. In the evening we will attend the Girona Charity Gala. An end of season dinner and party attended by local pro riders and famous faces from the world of cycling. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
Day 8 – Departure day: It’s unfortunately time to return home or maybe one last short ride for those flying out later.
1:1 coaching sessions and bike fits can be booked between sessions or on days when you feel like something different.
When you click BUY NOW you will be asked for your payment card details. Once the payment has been processed you will see a confirmation message on this page and receive a confirmation email. We hope you enjoy your event.