2022 see the return of our legendary Tour de France Alps week. We will again be based in our luxury chalet just outside Briancon within easy reach of two key tour stages including the summit finishes on both the Col du Granon and Alpe D’Huez. The chalet sits at the foot of the iconic Col du Galibier and within a short ride of the Col D’Izoard. We will also be providing a shuttle service to and from the start/finish of the Etape du Tour on Sunday July 10th for those registered. Iconic climbs, up close World Tour racing and top level accommodation. This is a week not to be missed.
- Luxury Chalet accommodation (various rooming options)
- Breakfast and dinner provided by our in house chef
- Viewing two alpine stages of the 2022 Tour de France
- Airport Transfers (If flying on recommended flights)
- Different speed groups the chance to ride iconic climbs of the Tour de France
- Full support crew include qualified mechanic(s), ride leaders and support vehicle(s)
- Rider transfer to / from the 2022 Etape du Tour
- Detailed route info, gps data, & route profiles
Transfers are included for those flying on the recommended flights only. If you choose to arrive on a different day or at a different time transfers are your own responsibility. The 2hr 30 minute transfer from Turin airport costs approximately €300 Euro’s for 1-4 people (less for larger groups) if booked privately. Other public transport options are avaibable.
- Flights for arrival / departure
- Bike & luggage transfer from London (£125 return)
- Bike & helmet hire (£55 per day or £195 for 7 days)
- Single Supplement (see booking options for details)
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Insurance (Proof of travel insurance is required at time of booking)
- Any pre and post travel COVID-19 testing requirements
- Drinks & Bar Bills
Our 4* hotel is situated in the heart of Calpe, a seaside resort on the Costa Blanca. It is a hotel used by many pro teams for pre-season training camps including Astana, Direct Energie and Quickstep.
The hotel has direct access to the beach, an infinity pool overlooking the sea and is walking distance to all the resort’s bars, restaurants and shops.
There is a gym, secure bike storage in our own private room plus access to laundry facilities.
Food & Nutrition
We know that nutrition is a key part of any cycling trip and of the up-most importance to all cyclists. We have worked closely with the hotel to produce a menu that suits all dietary requirements and provides plenty of options for hungry cyclists at breakfast and dinner time.
On the ride we will supply snacks and water. You will need to bring your own energy products. We will also have some for sale on the trip.
April 23rd – April 30th 2022 You are able to arrive or depart at any time between these dates.
• 4*hotel accommodation (twin-share; half-board)
• 7 nights: £695 (Based on 30 riders attending, 21 – 29 riders: £799pp, 20 riders or less: £899pp)
25% deposit required based on 30+ rider price. Final payment due 4 weeks prior to departure and will be adjusted based on numbers registered at that time.
• 3 nights: £375pp
• Additional Nights (£95pp, please contact us to book)
• Single Supplement (£55 per night)
• Bike & luggage transfer from London (£125 return)
• Bike & helmet hire (£55 per day or £195 for 7 days. Full carbon rod bike with 105 or Ultegra)
• Flights are approximately £116 at the moment (destination to be Alicante)
|DATE||ROUTE||FLIGHT NUMBER||DEPARTURE TIME||ARRIVAL TIME|
|Sat 23/04/22||LGW -> ALC||EZY8673||09:35||13:05|
|Sat 30/04/22||ALC-> LGW||EZY8666||16:30||18:05|
We tend to be pretty flexible on itinerary and try to offer multiple routes each day for all abilities. Below is a sample of what to expect from the trip.
Day 1 – Arrive in Calpe. Potential shake-down ride depending on arrival time
Day 2 – Check bikes, Warm up ride to the Xalon valley where we stop for coffee in the famous Velosol cafe and have practice run up the Col de Rates.
Day 3 – Today we ride further inland where take on the famous climb up Val D’Ebo. Potential pre-dinner QA session
Day 4 – The DPCC Epic. Today we ride some classic roads from the Vuelta and take-on some of the large local climbs.
Day 5 – A recovery ride for those wanting one or more climbs for those wanting to push on! Potential pre-dinner QA session.
Day 6 – After the day 5 recovery ride we mix things up to accommodate different training needs. Some will want to go flatter others hit the hills for another epic. We’ll present the routes and it up to you to decide.
Day 7 – The final full day of riding and again different routes will be on offer for those wanting to push themselves to the max and those wanting a more relaxed end to the trip. Epic climbs, views and coffee stops as standard before a final well earned night out in Calpe.
Day 8 – Departure day: It’s Unfortunately time to return home or maybe one last short ride and tostada for those flying out later.
When you click BUY NOW you will be asked for your payment card details. Once the payment has been processed you will see a confirmation message on this page and receive a confirmation email. We hope you enjoy your event.