Ride to support marine projects on the UK’s South Coast
After rave reviews in 2021 the Blue Marine South Coast Challenge is back for 2022! Join us for a unique cycling challenge taking in some of the best roads in the UK. 3 national parks, 2 area’s of outstanding natural beauty and some the most iconic coastline in the UK. From the New Forest to the Jurassic Coast and beyond, enjoy an amazing ride whilst supporting BLUE’s UK marine conservation projects
Register for the 2022 ride below
- Detailed route info, maps, gps data, & route profiles (3 days of riding)
- Exclusive Blue Marine Foundation cycling jersey
- 2 nights accommodation (3/4* twin share basis)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional on ride support & guidance from our expert ride leaders
- Speed groups to suit all rider abilities
- Support vehicle(s) & qualified mechanics
- Medical support
- Daily luggage transfers
- All necessary on-ride snacks, drinks & energy products
- Daily coffee stops
What Not Included
- Bike & helmet (compulsory)
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Transport to the start and from the finish
- Accommodation before the start and at the finish
- Bar bills and personal spending
trip Dates / provisional itinerary
Dates: Friday May 13th – Sunday May 15th 2022
Day 1: Beaulieu – Weymouth 130km / 80 miles
Day 2: Weymouth – Exmouth 110km / 68 miles
Day 3: Exmouth – Plymouth 100km / 62 miles
prices / extras
3 Day Ride, 2 Nights accommodation (twin share)
Individual sign up: £845pp (Twin share) until October 31st 2021 (then £995pp)
Team of 4 riders (UK ride only): £795pp until October 31st 2021 (then £845pp)
30% deposit. Remaining balance due 4 weeks before departure
Single Supplement: £55 per person per night
Canyon elite bike hire: £150
All costs fully refundable if the challenge is postponed due to government COVID-19 restrictions
Fundraising for Blue Marine
All funds raised will go towards supporting the Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE), a charity dedicated to ending the destruction of biodiversity by creating marine reserves, establishing new models of sustainable fishing, and restoring marine habitats. By 2030, BLUE’s aim is for at least 30% of the world’s oceans to be protected.
The South Coast Challenge will be raising money for BLUE’s UK projects, three of which you will be riding through en-route, so you can see first hand where your fundraising will go. You will see:
- Solent Oyster Restoration Project where BLUE have created oyster beds, which filter the water column, removing nitrogen, sequestering carbon, and providing habitats for hundreds of species; where BLUE have created oyster beds, which filter the water column, removing nitrogen, sequestering carbon, and providing habitats for hundreds of species;
- Lyme Bay where BLUE has developed a win-win model that benefits both the marine environment and small-scale fishermen practicing low-impact, responsible fishing;
- Plymouth Marine Park where BLUE has created the UK’s first marine national park.
UK ride only: £500 per rider
UK ride and L2M combined: £2500
As the only official Canyon Experience Partner in the UK we have a number of fantastic bike hire options available from basic road bikes up to elite bikes and E-bikes. If you require a hire bike for the ride or want to demo a Canyon please select at check-out and contact us to secure the ideal ride for you.
Although not compulsory for UK riders on this event, it is highly recommended to have a personal accident insurance policy when attending a Just Pedal cycling event. Also, your bike should also be fully covered by some form of insurance policy.
Our insurance partner, Yellow Jersey, provide comprehensive holiday insurance specifically for cyclists and can also provide insurance that covers your bike against damage and theft. Guests of Just Pedal also receive a 10% discount using the code ‘JUSTPEDAL10’ Click here for more information.
If you have any further questions or queries feel free to contact us via info@Just-Pedal.com or call +44(0)1483 351 466 and we will do our best to help.