Ride to support marine projects on the UK’s South Coast
Join us for a brand new challenge taking in some of the best roads in the UK. 3 national parks, 2 area’s of outstanding natural beauty and some the most iconic coastline in the UK. From the New Forest to the Jurassic Coast and beyond, enjoy an amazing ride whilst supporting UK marine conservation projects
- Detailed route info, maps, gps data, & route profiles (3 days of riding)
- 2 nights accommodation (3/4* twin share basis)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional on ride support & guidance from our expert ride leaders
- Speed groups to suit all rider abilities
- Support vehicle(s) & qualified mechanics
- Medical support
- Daily luggage transfers
- All necessary on-ride snacks, drinks & energy products
- Daily coffee stops
- Exclusive Blue Marine Foundation cycling jersey
What Not Included
- Bike & helmet (compulsory)
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Transport to the start and from the finish
- Accommodation before the start and at the finish
- Bar bills and personal spending
trip Dates / provisional itinerary
Dates: May 21st – 23rd 2021
Friday May 21st 2021: Hamble – Weymouth 130km / 80 miles
Saturday May 22nd 2021: Weymouth – Exmouth 110km / 68 miles
Sunday May 23rd 2021: Exmouth – Plymouth 80km / 50 miles (sprinters route) or 100km / 62 miles (climbers route via Dartmoor)
prices / extras
3 Day Ride, 2 Nights accommodation (Initial Deposit: 10%)
UK ride only: £750 per person
London to Monaco registered riders: £595
Team of 4 riders (UK ride only): £650 per rider
Remaining balance due 4 weeks before departure
Single Supplement: £35 per night
Post-ride 4* accommodation in Plymouth with breakfast: £45 per person (twin share)
Canyon elite bike hire: £95
All costs fully refundable if the challenge is postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions
All funds raised will go towards supporting the Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE), a charity dedicated to ending the destruction of biodiversity by creating marine reserves, establishing new models of sustainable fishing, and restoring marine habitats. By 2030, BLUE’s aim is for at least 30% of the world’s oceans to be protected.
The South Coast Challenge will be raising money for BLUE’s UK projects, three of which you will be riding through en-route, so you can see first hand where your fundraising will go. You will see:
- Solent Oyster Restoration Project where BLUE have created oyster beds, which filter the water column, removing nitrogen, sequestering carbon, and providing habitats for hundreds of species; where BLUE have created oyster beds, which filter the water column, removing nitrogen, sequestering carbon, and providing habitats for hundreds of species;
- Lyme Bay where BLUE has developed a win-win model that benefits both the marine environment and small-scale fishermen practicing low-impact, responsible fishing;
- Plymouth Marine Park where BLUE has created the UK’s first marine national park.
UK ride only: £500 per rider
UK ride and L2M combined: £2500
As the only official Canyon Experience Partner in the UK we have a number of fantastic bike hire options available from basic road bikes up to elite bikes and E-bikes. If you require a hire bike for the ride or want to demo a Canyon please select at check-out and contact us to secure the ideal ride for you.
Although not compulsory for UK riders on this event, it is highly recommended to have a personal accident insurance policy when attending a Just Pedal cycling event. Also, your bike should also be fully covered by some form of insurance policy.
Our insurance partner, Yellow Jersey, provide comprehensive holiday insurance specifically for cyclists and can also provide insurance that covers your bike against damage and theft. Guests of Just Pedal also receive a 10% discount using the code ‘JUSTPEDAL10’ Click here for more information.
If you have any further questions or queries feel free to contact us via info@Just-Pedal.com or call +44(0)1483 351 466 and we will do our best to help.
When you click BUY NOW you will be asked for your payment card details. Once the payment has been processed you will see a confirmation message on this page and receive a confirmation email. We hope you enjoy your event.